As the fourth edition of lockdown 4.0 marked its end on May 31 Government of Maharashtra issued guidelines of easing of restrictions and Phase-wise opening of lockdown “Mission Begin Again”.
The Ministry of Home Affairs on Saturday had ordered to extend the lockdown in containment zones till June 30 and had stated that all economic activities will resume in a phased manner outside these zones. Guidelines for Easing of Restrictions and Phase-wise opening of Lockdown.
Night Curfew- The movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited between 9 pm to 5 am except for essential activities
Protection of Vulnerable Persons– Persons above 65 years of age, persons with comorbidities, pregnant women and children below the age of 10 years are advised to stay home, except for essential and medical services
MISSION BEGIN AGAIN Phase I (With Effect from 3rd June 2020)
- Outdoor physical activities- Individual physical exercises shall be permitted on public open spaces including beaches, public/private playgrounds, grounds belonging to societies/institutions, gardens, and promenades with the following conditions. No activities will be permitted in the indoor portions of the indoor stadium.
- This will be allowed between 5 am to 7 pm.
- No group activity will be permitted.
- Activities related to self-employed people like plumbers, electricians, pest control, and technicians with social distancing norms and usage of masks and sanitization.
- Garages to mend vehicles and workshops with prior appointments
- All Government offices (excluding Emergency, health & Medical, treasuries, disaster management, police, NIC, food & Civil Supply, FCI, N.Y.K., Municipal Services who can operate at the levels as per the need) will function at 15% strength or minimum 15 employees whichever is more
Mission Begin Again Phase II (With Effect from 5th June 2020)
- All markets, market areas & shops, except malls and market complexes, are allowed to function on PI-P2 basis (shops on one side of the road/lane/passage to be opened on odd dates while shops on the other side on even dates) from 9 am to 5 pm with following conditions.
- Movement of people is allowed in the following manner:
- Taxi/Cab– Only essential 1 + 2
- Rickshaw– Only essential 1 + 2
- Four Wheeler– Only essential 1+ 2
- Two-wheeler– Only essential One Rider
Mission Begin Again Phase III (With Effect from 8th June 2020)
- All private offices can operate with up to 10% strength as per requirement, with remaining persons working from home.
Other Important activities
- Intra district bus service will be allowed with a maximum of 50% capacity per bus with physical distancing and sanitation measures.
- All markets/shops will remain open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. If any crowding or failure of social distancing norms is seen, then authorities will immediately close down such shops/markets.
The following activities will remain prohibited across the state:
- Schools, colleges, educational, training, coaching institutions, etc.
- International air travel of passengers, except as permitted by MHA.
- Metro Rail.
- Passenger Movement by trains and domestic air travel unless specifically allowed through separate orders and standard operating procedure (SOP)
- Cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
- Social, political, sports/ entertainment, academic/ cultural, religious functions, and large congregations.
- Religious places/ places of worship for public
- Barber Shops, Spas, Saloons, Beauty Parlours.
- Shopping Malls, Hotels, Restaurants, and other Hospitality Services.
- Inter-district bus service orders will not be permitted. Orders will be separately issued in this regard.
National Directives for COVID 19 Management
- Face coverings – wearing of face cover is compulsory in public places, in workplaces and during transport.
- Social distancing – individuals must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet (2 Gaz Ki doori) in public places. Shops to not allow more than five persons at one time.
- Gatherings -large public gatherings/congregations continue to remain prohibited. Marriage related gatherings – Number of guests not to exceed 50. Funeral/last rites related gatherings – number of persons not to exceed 20.
- Spitting in public places will be punishable with fine, as may be prescribed by the concerned authority in accordance with its laws, rules or regulations.
- Consumption of liquor, Paan, tobacco, etc in public places is prohibited.
Additional directives for workplaces.
- Work from home (WFH) – as far as possible the practice of WFH should be followed. Staggering of work/business hours will be followed in offices, workplaces, shops, markets, and industrial & commercial establishments.
- Screening and hygiene – provision for thermal scanning, hand wash, and sanitizer will be made at all entry and exit points, and common areas.
- Frequent sanitization of the entire workplace, common facilities, and all points which come into human contact e.g. door handles, etc. will be ensured, including between shifts.
- Social distancing – all persons in charge of workplaces will ensure the adequate distance between workers, adequate gaps between shifts, staggering the lunch breaks of staff, etc.