Ever since the lockdown was announced in last week of March 2020, in addition to running freight trains for keeping essential supplies without break and running select special passenger trains across India, Central Railway has completed important infrastructure work utilising the lockdown period. The amount of work it has done would have required many traffic blocks and impact on some trains running during normal period. Infrastructure work at 23 locations over Central Railway for launching of steel girders for 14 Foot Over Bridges and dismantling distressed steel structures of 9 Foot Over Bridges were carried out since lockdown.
Out of these 23 important infrastructures works, 7 were on Mumbai Division, 10 in Bhusaval Division, one each in Nagpur and Solapur Divisions, 3 on Pune Division and one by Construction wing. The details are as under:
• Launch of girders for 6 meter wide foot over bridge (FOB) at Dombivali station and 3.66 meter wide midsection FOB near Belapur station.
• Dismantling of distressed steel 2 spans of FOB at Vadala Road, one span of FOB at Ambarnath, one span of FOB at Ambivli, 2 spans of FOB at Atgaon.
• Dismantling of two spans of more than 100-year-old FOB at Vasind railway station.
• Launching of 6 meter wide FOB girders having 6 spans crossing 16 Railway tracks at Wardha station
• Girdres launching for replacement of old FOB with a new 4.88 metre FOB at Bhusaval station
• Launching of girders of 3.66 metre wide FOB at Bodwad station on Bhusaval-Badnera section and one FOB at New Amravati in Badnera-Narkher section.
• Launching of girders for replacement of old FOB by 6 metre wide FoB at Akola station
• Launching of girders for 3.66 metre wide FoBs at Chandur Bazar station and Amravati station on Badnera-Narkher section and one at Nandura station on Bhusaval-Badnera section
• Dismantling of old corrugated steel structures of distressed FOBs at Bhusaval, Nashik Road and Shegaon stations.
• Launching of girders of 6 meter wide FOB at Daund station
• Launching of girders for 3.66 metre wide FoB at Kadethan station, 6 meter wide FOB at Chinchwad station
• Dismantling of 2 spans of FOB at Talegaon station
• Construction of 3 metre wide FOB at Bhavaninagar station on Pune Division
Optimum utilisation of manpower due to lockdown, effective utilisation of limited resources and machinery and duly observing norms mandated for COVID19 were observed during execution of above works.