MSEDCL has appealed citizens to be careful while flying kites during Sankranti festival. MSEDCL in a communiquÃ© stated that one should be careful in the urban area as there is a vast network of sort and high voltage power transmission lines.
Attempts to remove the kite trapped in the lines can be life threatening as there is a possibility of electrocution after touching a live electric wire. Snapped kites often entangle in the transmission tiles and removing such kites by using rods can lead to serious electrocution. Currently, a manja prepared by mixing metals are available in the market in large quantities and using such manja can cause electrocution. Two-days ago, an 11-year-old boy was electrocuted while removing a kite stuck on a high voltage power line at Umred. The parents should also pay attention to their children during the festival.