In order to keep track safe from the worst effect of the heat of summer few major steps taken in the Nagpur division are as under:-
1. Distressing plays a major role to keep track safe in summer. In Nagpur Division stretches identified for distressing is taken up on top priority and around 222.511 kms distressing have been completed and further distressing of LWR (Long Welded Rails) are continue and by end of this month it will be completed.
2. Special attention to tighten the loose fittings and recoupment of fittings is being carried out.
3. Attention to SEJ (Special Expansion Joint) and requirement remedial measures is being taken up as and when required.
4. All track staff was counseled throughout the division. If the temperature range is rise beyond permissible maintenance range, then Mate of gang unitâ€™s advice for observations of track and if needed to track patrolling can be started.
5. An Online Seminar under the leadership of Sr. Divisional Engineer (Co-ordination) Nagpur Division Pawan R Patil along with all Sectional Sr. Divisional Engineers, Divisional Engineers, Assistant Divisional Engineers & all Sectional in-charge along with their assistants carried out to discuss all measures to be taken in summer & also to refresh the Doâ€™s & Donâ€™ts of LWR (Long Welded Rail) track as per our Permanent Way manual.
6. Seminar also carried out at every Senior Section Engineers in-charge to refresh all field staff to take the precaution of track in summer.
7. Staff adviced to introduceÂ Â Hot weather patrolling as and when the temperature rises beyond the defined temperature of that LWR (Long Welded Rail).