Jal Mahotsav from November 28th, tourists will embrace the thrill of flying inflatable boats
- Hon’ble Chief Minister Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan will inaugurate the mega event of the Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board.
- Jal Mahotsav will be held from 28 November to 28 January in Hanuwantiya island of Khandwa district.
- There will be folk and cultural events along with water, air adventure activities.
Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board is organising the 7th edition of “Jal Mahotsav”, one of the biggest events of the state, from 28 November 2022 at Hanuwantiya Island in Khandwa district.
Honourable Chief Minister Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan will inaugurate this ‘Water Carnival’ which will endure for two months until 28th Jan, 2023.
The event will be graced by the Honourable Minister Tourism, Culture, Religious Trust and Endowment Department Sushri Usha Thakur.
Highlighting about the Jal Mahotsav, Principal Secretary Tourism and Culture and Managing Director, MP Tourism Board Mr. Sheo Shekhar Shukla said, ‘Jal Mahotsav has established itself as an ideal destination for adventure lovers across the country.
The Tourism Board constantly strives to enhance the enthusiasm and enjoyment of tourists through new innovations.
In this series, a flying inflatable boat activity is being organized at Hanuwantiya island located on the backwaters of Indira Sagar Dam.
Tourists will enjoy such an activity for the first time in the country. Adventure activities such as scuba diving, night safari at Boriyamal Island, luxury Regal series boat, 40 feet-high rope swing, zip cycle, paramotoring, parasailing, speed boat, jet-ski, hot air ballooning, motor boat riding etc. will be the major attractions.
The Tourism Board, in association with Sunset Desert Camp, is operating the Tent City on the backwaters of Indira Sagar Dam for tourists.
The tent city will have 104 luxury Swiss tents as well as an AC conference hall for corporate conferences.
Many activities like Wellness spa by the famous Kareli group of Kerala, three-day national international anglers angling sport event, music festival and kite festival will also be organized.
Jal Mahotsav is organized every year by the Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board with the aim of developing Hanuwantiya Island as an ideal tourist destination.
Achievements of Jal Mahotsav
– In January 2022- Awarded India’s Unique Water & Adventure Carnival in Spain.
– In 201- The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India awarded Jal Mahotsav ‘India’s unique water and Adventure Carnival for 2015-16.