NMC has chosen to build green buffers across seven pathways and a junction that see considerable traffic in an effort to reduce air pollution in the city.
NMC also intends to invest Rs 84.74 lakh in the project, as part of which land next to pathways would be used to grow shrubs, display plants, etc.
The civic organization had previously received Rs 2 crore under the National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) for the implementation of different projects to lower air pollution in the city.
Following is the list of locations where NMC is planning for green buffers:
- Rahate Colony to Ajni Clock Tower
- Zero Mile Near Metro Bridge
- Vanamati to Alankar Square
- Kruplani Square on Wardha Road
- Krida Square Road
- GPO Square to Bhole Petrol Pump
- Ramgiri to Seminary Hills Road to VCA Stadium
The NMC’s proposal of creating green buffer zones has received appreciation from the public, but they are also urged to keep them up.