Another person died in the city because of the life-threatening “nylon manja.” On Saturday, a 10-year-old child had his throat cut by a “nylon manja” while he was riding his two-wheeler home in the Jaripatka neighbourhood. On Sunday, he died in the hospital during treatment.
Ved Krishna Shahu, a resident of Jaripatka’s Misal Layout, was named as the deceased.
Ved attended the Mahatma Gandhi School and was a Class 5 student, according to the authorities. Krishna Shahu, his father, runs a food store. On Saturday, Ved attended class. At 4.30 in the afternoon, Ved and his father were riding their two-wheeler home when the tragedy happened. He was occupying the front seat.
Ved became entangled in a “nylon manja.” Ved’s throat was cut by the manja before Krishna could stop the two-wheeler. Ved was transported to a hospital in Mankapur while heavily bleeding. Later, he was transferred to another Dhantoli hospital.
According to the authorities, the manja slashed Ved’s blood vessels and respiratory system. In the early hours of Sunday, he passed away. The Jaripatka police have opened an investigation into a case of accidental death.
It may be mentioned that despite the ban imposed by the authorities,‘nylon manja’ has been available in the market. Many people were seen using the nylon manja’ for kite-flying. The police have registered many cases against those selling ‘nylon manja’. However, police are yet to act against the Manja manufacturers. Earlier, a 13-year-old boy was killed on Saturday after he was hit by a train while running on a railway track chasing a kite. The heartwrenching incident occurred at Kumbhartoli in the Dhantoli Police Station area.