Enraged by a power cut in his home, a Nagpur man allegedly threatened to blow up Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis’s Nagpur home, sending police into a tizzy, officials said on Tuesday.
Nagpur Police Commissioner Amitesh Kumar told reporters this morning that the culprit of the fake bomb threat had been identified and detained for further investigation.
According to officials, the Nagpur Police Control Room received a call around 2 a.m. on Tuesday warning that a bomb had reportedly been planted outside Fadnavis’ home before the caller abruptly disconnected.
Not wanting to take any chances, a police team and a bomb disposal squad were dispatched to the scene, and a thorough search was conducted both inside and outside the VIP residence, but nothing was discovered. Fadnavis is currently in Mumbai with his family.
The police also traced the caller to his home in the Kanhan area of the city where he was staying in darkness due to a power failure, and in a fit of anger had allegedly made the bomb threat call to mislead the police.