Call it the timely action of Fire brigade department or the luck, but a big mishap has been averted when fire broke out at a city hospital’s OPD on Saturday. Panic prevailed in a city hospital when fire broke out in the OPD after a short circuit, on Saturday noon.
The incident took place at Shivkrupa hospital, situated at Mahalagi nagar square. However, no big damage has been reported as the fire was brought under control by Fire brigade. Noted that Dr DB Choudhary, owner of the hospital. The Out-Patient Department (OPD) is at the first floor in the hospital. Immediately as the flames were witnessed by the people, fire brigade was called.
The fire department at Sakkardhara dispatched a vehicle which managed to control the flames to blow. It has been learnt a ceiling fan and mattress came into the contact of fire which caused a mere loss of `1000. As per fire department, a big mishap has been averted as fire was immediately brought under control. Otherwise major destruction would have caused. It is worth mentioning here that it is a 10-12 bedded hospital with few IPD patients.
Similarly, two more such fire incidents were noted in city, on Saturday. Another one was notified behind Vishu ji ki rasoi restaurant. The dry season is here and with it come bush fires due to the intense heat. The bush behind the restaurant catch fire which was controlled by two fire tenders dispatched from civil lines around 4.45 pm.
Another one has been reported at Halba Saoji restaurant, Telephone exchange square. As per the information, the cooler here catch fire. A loss of around 10,000 has been noted due to fire.