Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Government of Maharashtra on Monday released SOP for the handling of Domestic Air travellers arriving in Maharashtra. To ensure more safety of the travellers, the Government has advised authorities to follow strict rules.
Guidelines for Domestic Air Travellers
- All passengers shall be advised to download Arogya Setu app on their mobile devices
- The detailed list of passengers with their arrival date and time and final destination would be shared with the Nodal Officers of the State by the nodal officer appointed by the Airports Authority/Airport Authority at least six hours in advance of ETD, so that necessary arrangements can be made by respective agencies.
- Airport operator/Airlines shall ensure that while de-boarding/boarding of the passengers, social distancing norms are followed scrupulously and passengers are de-boarded/boarded in a staggered manner so that they don’t crowd the screening area. Further it should also be ensured by the Airport Operator that the de-boarding/boarding, screening, and exit/entry of passengers are done in an orderly manner.
- The passengers will submit self declaration form (annexure-2) after their arrival at the airport.
- NODAL OFFICERS shall ensure that adequate numbers of medical teams are
placed at Airport for screening to avoid delay and chaotic situation at Airport.
- At the Airport, maintenance of order and social distancing norms shall be the responsibility of Airport operator. Airports should be regularly sanitized/disinfected, and the availability of soaps and sanitizers shall be ensured. Airport operator shall also have a waiting area for the passengers who are waiting for the screening with adequate seating arrangements.
- The Airports authority shall ensure that all passengers shall undergo thermal screening at the point of departure and only asymptomatic passengers will be allowed to board the flight
- During boarding and travel, all passengers, airline staff and crew shall use face covers/mask and also follow hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and maintain environmental hygiene
- Those found symptomatic will be taken to the nearest health facility and prescribed protocol in Para 10-12 of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Guidelines for such cases will be followed.
- The detailed list of arriving passengers with their arrival flight date and time, residential address and mobile numbers should be shared by the Airlines and AAI with the Nodal Officers of the respective municipal corporations.
- The Nodal Officers shall set up a 24*7 reception-cum-helpline desk, in coordination with concerned Commissionerate of Police, Transport.
- On arrival/departure thermal screening would be carried out in respect of all the passengers by the Health officials present at the airport. NODAL OFFICERS should provide PPE kits, thermal guns etc., to the medical teams.
- Airport Authorities shall deploy enough manpower for data entries so that proper records of all arrivals and shared with nodal officers.
- On arrival, thermal screening as per health protocol will be carried out in respect of all the passengers by the Health officials from concerned Municipal
- The concerned Municipal Corporation shall deploy sufficient medical staff to screen all the passengers arriving at the airport.
- All the passengers arriving in Maharashtra will be stamped on their left hand for identification and will have to compulsorily undergo home isolation for a period of 14 days as per the protocol. They shall self-monitor their health.
- Local district/municipal administration will be authorized to give exemption in home isolation for contributing to an office or for other important work after checking the passengers.
- Passengers who are coming to the state for a short duration (less than one week) and have planned for onward / return journey will have to share the details of the same and will be exempted from isolation. However, such passengers will not be allowed into the containment zones of the hotspot areas.
- If the incoming passenger’s stay is proposed at a place other than the residential premises, then the information of all such persons will be made available to the concerned district/municipal administration by the in-charge of the said place. The in-charge of the place will ensure regular sanitization of the
- The domestic air travellers may be permitted to travel in their private passenger vehicles by following all social distancing norms, however, such traveler shall not be allowed from Containment Zones to Airport and vice versa.
- All the staff associated with Airport operations shall be allowed unhindered movement by any means including bikes, car, taxi to facilitate smooth operation of Airport operations.
- Passengers moving outside the RED ZONE shall be only on specific reason and requisite permission taken in advance.