Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on July 29 under Unlock 3 guidelines allowed for opening up more activities in areas outside the Containment Zones.
According to which the outdoor non-team sports like Golf courses, outdoor firing range, outdoor gymnastics, tennis, outdoor badminton, and malkhamb will be allowed with physical distancing and sanitation measures with effect from 5th August 2020. Swimming pools will not be allowed to operate.
Government of India Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Directorate General of Health Services (EMR Division) issued Guidelines on Preventive Measures to Contain Spread of COVID-19 in Yoga Institutes & Gymnasiums
- Yoga Institutes and Gymnasiums shall adhere to protocols and prevention measures outlined in this document to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- All yoga Institutes and gymnasiums in containment: ones shall remain closed for public. Only those outside containment zones will be allowed to open up.
- Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women and children below the age of 10 years are advised not to use gyms in closed spaces.
- Individuals must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet as far as feasible.
- Use of face covers/masks is mandatory at all times within the premises. However, during Yoga exercise or exercising in gymnasiums, as far as possible only a visor may be used. Use of mask (in particular N-95 masks) during exercise may cause difficulty in breathing.
- Practice frequent hand washing with soap (for at least 40-60 seconds) even when hands are not visibly dirty. Use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers (for at least 20 seconds) can be practiced wherever feasible.
- Respiratory etiquettes to be strictly followed. This involves strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/Flexed elbow and disposing off used tissues proper
- Self-monitoring of health by all and reporting any illness at the earliest to state and district helpline.
- Spitting should be strictly prohibited.
- Installation & use of Aarogya Setu App shall be advised to all.
Specific measures to be followed include- Before opening the yoga institutes/gymnasiums
- Plan yoga/gymnasiums floor area based on 4 metre square per person.
- Place equipments, Including cardio and strength machines, 6 feet apart, wherever feasible, by moving equipment to facilitate social distancing.
- Where available, utilize any outdoor space by relocating equipment outside.
- Create specific pathways for entering and exiting exercise areas within closed spaces using floor or wall markings
- Ensure queue management inside and outside the premises, with specific markings on the floor with a gap of 6 feet.
- Promote card based/contactless payment.
- For air-conditioning/ventilation, the guidelines of CPWD shall be followed which emphasizes that the temperature setting of all air conditioning devices should be in the range of 24-30″ C, relative humidity should be in the range of 40- 70, intake of fresh air should be as much as possible and cross ventilation should be adequate
- Limit the number of staff and members within the general gymnasium floor, specific workout areas and change rooms by: Restricting the number of members allow. In specified areas Implementing ‘fitness sessions’ for particular exercise areas with requirements for members to register (Ideally online) for specific sessions
- Lockers will remain in use, as long as social distancing is maintained.
- Ensure dustbins and trash cans are covered at all times
- Spas, Sauna, Steam Bath and Swimming P.1 (wherever applicable) shall remain closed.
- All areas within the premises shall be disinfected using clinical, approved disinfectants. The areas to be disinfected include but are not limited to Entrances to premise, building, rooms
Available and Management of Supplies
- Appropriate personal protection gears like face coven/masks, visor, hand sanitizers etc shall be made available by management to the members, visitors & staff
- Provide an adequate supply of disinfectant wipes or disinfecting solutions and disposable paper towels for members/staff to wipe exercise equipment clean before and after use.
- Ensure availability of pulse oximeters to record oxygen saturation of members prior to the exercise.
After opening the yoga institutes/gymnasiums
- Entrance to have mandatory hand hygiene (sanitizer dispenser) and thermal screening provisions.
- Only asymptomatic persons (including staff) to be allowed in the premises.
- All persons to be allowed entry only if using face cover/masks.
- All members, visitors and staff may consider using Aarogya Setu application for risk Identification at all times inside the yoga institute/gymnasiums
- Posters/standees on preventive measures about COVID-19 to be display prominently. Audio and Video clips to spread awareness on preventive measures for COVID-19 may be regularly played.
- Ensure minimum distance of 6 feet at all time in queues
- Proper crowd management in the parking-Iots, in corridors and in elevators — duly following social distancing norms shall be organized.
- Staggering of members/ visitors to be done, with separate timing slots, to allow for adequate physical distancing and disinfection of premises & equipment.
- In yoga institutes, shoes / footwear are to be preferably taken off outside the premises where yoga exercises are done. If needed they should be kept in separate slots for each individual / family by the persons themselves.
- Details of check-in and checkout time of members and visitors must be recorded (name, address and phone number)
- Ensure that the equipment has been disinfect., particular, the frequently touched surfaces before each use
- Hand sanitizer stations must be provided near each gymnasium equipment
- Ensure that members sanitize their hands before using gymnasium equipment