With the rapid increase in the number of coronavirus cases in the city the confusion among the citizens is also increasing regarding test and admission in hospitals if tested positive. To simplify the system, Nagpur Municipal Commissioner Tukaram Mundhe has issued fresh orders for the citizens as well as for the COVID hospitals. The circulation also list out the hospitals that are now turned into COVID specials.
Apart from government hospitals, the circulation consists of various private city hospitals that have been approved to treat patients with Covid-19.
Around 16 private hospitals in Nagpur have now become fully coveted hospitals. All the hospitals make a total of 1876 beds for the covid patients. 256 beds in the intensive care unit, 997 oxygen beds and 623 non-oxygen beds. The entire hospital has a total of 90 ventilators.
The following 16 hospitals will now be recognised as Covid Hospital:
- Orange City Hospital and Research Center, Savarkar Chowk (150 beds)
- Seven Star Hospital, Jagannade Chowk (105)
- Shree Bhavani Multispeciality Hospital and Research Institute, Punapur(110)
- Ganga Care Hospital Ramdaspeth (105)
- Sri Radhakrishna Hospital and Research Institute, East Vardhman Nagar (150)
- Lata Mangeshkar Hospital, Sitaburdi (150)
- Kunal Hospital, Mankapur (100)
- Hope Hospital, Teka Naka (100)
- Central Hospital, Ramdaspeth (50)
- Wockhardt Hospital, Gandhinagar (45)
- Radiance Hospital, Wardhman Nagar (65)
- Wockhard Hospital, North Ambazari Road (118)
- Kingsway Hospital, Near Kasturchand Park (228)
- Alexis Multispeciality Hospital Pvt. Ltd., Mankapur (200)
- New Era Hospital, Telephone Exchange Chowk (100)
- Whims Hospital (100)
No need to Panic
In case if a person is tested positive for the virus, there’s no need to panic as the civil administration has issued a proper and simple process for the patients or his/her kin who are confused about where to go and which hospital to seek treatment.
A centralized call center has been made operational by Nagpur Municipal Corporation. The number for the call centre is 0712-2567021. A person who is showing COVID like symptoms or who tested positive for the virus should first contact on the above mentioned call centre number. From there the person will be given guidance on home isolation or hospital treatment. Through this call center, the person will be informed about the number of beds available in private hospitals and government hospitals, where they can be recruited.
The call center will work under the guidance of NMC Dr. Laad and other government employees. Tukaram held a special meeting in this regard where he was accompanied by Additional Commissioner Jalaj Sharma, Ram Joshi, Medical Health Officer Dr. Yogendra Sawai was present.
34 covid test center:
Anyone who has covid-like symptoms or who has been in contact with a positive patient should be tested immediately. For this, the corporation has set up 34 zone-wise covid test centers. RT-PCR testing is available at six covid test centers.
RTPCR testing centres are Police Training Center (RPTS), Law College Hostel, Ravi Bhavan, Morris College Hostel, Panchpaoli Police Colony and Raj Nagar. The test will continue here from 10 am to 2 am.
Other 28 centers (Testing can be done here from 10 am to 2 pm.)
- Jayatala Primary Health Center
- Futala, Telangkhedi
- Hazari Pahad Primary Health Center
- Babulkheda Primary Health Center
- Nandanvan Primary Health Center
- Bidipeth Urban Primary Health Center
- Mominpura Primary Health Center
- Bhaldarpura Primary Health Center
- Jagnath Budhwari Primary Health Center
- Shantinagar Primary Health Center
- Dipti Signal Primary Health Center
- Pardi Primary Health Center
- Indora Primary Health Center
- Zingabai Takli Primary Health Center
- Hudkeshwar Primary Health Center
- Narsala Primary Health Center
- Somalwada Primary Health Center
- Gorewada Primary Health Center
- Manewada Primary Health Center
- Nara Primary Health Center
- Kapil Nagar Primary Health Center
- Mehndibagh Primary Health Center
- Shendenagar Primary Health Center
- Diagnostic Center Mahal Primary Health Center
- Tribal Boys Hostel Kalmana
- Cotton Market Primary Health Center
- K.T. Nagar Primary Health Center