Yet another life has fallen prey to the nylon manja. A 22 year-old boy, Pranay Prakash Thakre, resident of Dnyaneshwar Nagar age died after nylon manja a thread used for flying kites entangled around his neck while he was returning to home.
As per primary information, the incident took place at Jatrodi square when Pranay was on his way to home. The nylon slit was so sharp that Pranay fell from his two wheeler and died on the spot. Emambada Police is looking after the matter.
Every year, the festival of kites commonly knows Makar Sankranti brings with it a tragic trail of blood, soaked in innocent lives. The sale of nylon manaj conitunes despite ban and appeal from authorities to avoid using it.
The incident has again proved that despite all the checks the NMC officials have failed to implement effective ban on nylon manja. With Makar Sankranti, the festival associated with flying kites, huge consignment of banned nylon manja has been smuggled into the city. There has been huge sale of nylon manja right under the nose of officials keeping an eye over the activities.