Students of Ashatai Mule School, Hudkeshwar have been hospitalized in Government Medical Hospital and College (GMCH). The incident occurred when the students were having their mid-day meal on Friday and right after the students were done having their lunch they started complaining about severe abdominal pain after which they were rushed to GMCH. Mayor Sandeep Joshi visited the children today evening. It is not the first time that a government school has been facing such issues. The food related problems and children falling sick have been routinely seen in either of the government schools.
The served food item was Khichdi which was consumed by the students and later 32 students have been found to be food poisoned out of which 2 are in a critical condition and have been kept in the ICU ward of GMCH.
Further, inspection is being carried out and the food samples have also been collected by the Food Drug Administration (FDA). The lab tests are yet to come which will decide the future consequences.