Nagpur Municipal Corporation has ordered Wockhardt Hospital Gandhi Nagar to Refund the excess deposit amount with respect to the final bill of the patients. A team of NMC on July 26 had visited Wockhardt Hospital Gandhi Nagar for the inspection and found out that the hospital has been violating rules and was found charging extra from what was proposed by the government from the COVID-19 positive patients.
After which the hospital received a notice from Nagpur Municipal Corporation on August 4 to provide an explanation regarding their action “You are therefore hereby called upon to explain in writing within 24 hours as to why action shall not be taken against you and your hospital for violation of said regulation as per the relevant section of Epidemic Diseases Act”.
The hospital authorities had submitted their reply on 6 August 2020.
Whereas it is noticed that the hospital authorities while submitting the reply have conveniently ignored to reply about all the issues raised in the report.
Wockhardt Hospitals Authority has not replied about the refund of the excess deposit amount with respect to the final bill of the patients eg.
• Shri Manish Agrawal -Non-refund of Rs. 69,538
• Riddhi Lathiwala -Non-refund of Rs. 1,00,000
• Maria Saviola -Non-refund or Rs.1,50,630
• Emelda Mary A.C. -Non-refund of Rs. 159,288
Therefore for the elective implementation of the provisions of the said Acts for which Municipal Commissioner is declared at Competent Authority Wockhardt Hospitals Authority are directed to
• Refund the excess deposit amount with respect to the final bill of the patients as mentioned in the inspection report.
• Refund the excess amount charged to patients as per Private tariff to the 12 patients as enlisted
• Display about availability/occupancy of Private and Government tariff beds also display of tariff of each bed 80%, 20% ratio (80% of operational beds shall be displayed as Govt, tariff beds)
• Submit a detailed explanation to all the 14 issues raised in the inspection report of the visiting team sent along with the notice dtd. 04.08.2020