Around 32 students of Marotrao Mude High School, Hudkeshwar Road, Nagpur, are undergoing treatment at Medical College and hospital due to food poison after they consumed mid-day meal at school. The students are out of danger and will soon be discharged.
Following the incident,Â The Department of Education (NMC) on February 8, put a stay order on the contract of supplying Mid-meal Shagun Mahila Industrial Co-operative Society, 5 East High Court Road, Ramdas to the school.
On a temporary basis under order number 5855, the contract is now given to Akshay Foundation, Wathoda Road, Nagpur.The incident occurred on Friday afternoon after the mid-day meal served to the students. Between 3 pm to 3.30 pm, the students stared feeling stomachache and dizziness. Following the complaint of the students, the school administration immediately rushed them to the Medical hospital.
Taking the matter seriously the Department of Food and Drug Administration ordered the concerned authorities to collect the Mid-day meal and water sample of the school and conduct a test.